Did you know it is possible to make a gift for the eventual benefit of Appalachian Trail Conservancy while first retaining income for you, your spouse, and/or other loved ones? In fact, you can choose from among a number of ways to give that emphasize income for life or other period of time you choose.
Many have found they can make significant gifts while enhancing their own or their loved ones' financial security. In fact, giving in this way can help a number of goals including:
- Increased spendable income from low-yielding stocks, bonds or other assets.
- A welcome source of income to help cover expenses in pre-retirement years.
- Retirement income from sources that are permanently set apart from your other assets.
- Income for yourself, a spouse or other loved ones in the future if needed.
- Assistance for parents or other loved ones in their later years.
- Providing funds to cover education or other expenses for children or grandchildren.
Exploring the Options
For more information, you may wish to explore one or more of the following options:
- Charitable Gift Annuities feature generous fixed payments for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts offer a choice of fixed income or income that can fluctuate with investment returns.
- Gift of a Remainder Interest in a home that features tax and other benefits, while allowing you to enjoy the use of the property for a period of time you determine or for the remainder of your lifetime and/or that of your spouse or other loved one.